Monday, July 9, 2012

LeakyCon

Looking back, I realised we don't have an official post about LeakyCon. Unless I missed something (likely) or it got deleted (also likely).
If you don't know what LeakyCon is, let me explain. Ohohoho let me explain. Also give me a minute so I can cackle evilly for effect.
LeakyCon is a giant Harry Potter conference that takes place every year, and has been going on for three or four years (pfft, details.) It is run by the webmistress of leaky.com, Melissa Anelli. It has panels, wizard rock (Wrock), authors, actors, and so much more. This year, Evanna Lynch (Luna), as well as the actors who played Nigel and young James Potter. The Vlogbrothers will be there, as well as the inimitable Maureen Johnson, who is running the LeakyCon Lit program, which deals with all the literary events.
Best of all, in my opinion, Figment.com will be there with a writing lounge. Figment is everyone's favourite writing site and you better check it out now.
Anyway, there are so many other things also happening that naming them would take longer than I have the energy to write out. And Lily and I are going. If you are ALSO going, please FIND US. I will be tweeting about it on the thing that you tweet on. I hope to also be blogging about it, but I don't know if that's possible.
I can hear some of you crying in the corner and saying that we shouldn't blog about it because you can't go and you'll be jealous, but I don't feel bad. This is the first, and probably last conference I will get to go to, and I want to enjoy it to the best of my ability. 
On a non-related note, I'd like to do a giveaway sometime soon, but I can only do that if we have enough followers. Perhaps a bit of LeakyCon swag would tempt you? 


Anywho, cheers, and DFTBA!
Love,
Vee

No comments:

Post a Comment